Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Project

As if I don't have enough to do (or should do) in my spare time; as I mentioned, I spent most of yesterday working on a slide show about surrogacy. This is not at all how I wanted to present it to you but because I'm slightly challenged in the technology department, it is what it is.

*For those who are more computer savvy than I, the problem I had was trying to convert a PowerPoint 2011 slideshow file (.pptx) to an .avi file. Pretty standard and simple except that I have the 2011 Office Suite on my iMac and thus, most conversion programs are formatted for PC's. In fact, I searched and searched and to my knowledge, there is no such program to convert a .pptx file to an .avi file on a Mac. I tried several other alternatives such as downloading the conversion program on my laptop and then converting the file but of course I only used the free trial and it left a nasty watermark on my video. I'm also running an older version of PowerPoint on my laptop so the quality didn't transfer over (of course I had to chose a font that is new for 2011!! argh!) So anyway, after exhausting just about every option I could think of, I decided to just record the slide show on my phone and upload it to YouTube. Lame I know, but until I figure it out, its the best I can do. 

Any and all feedback is heartily welcomed! I actually plan to add more and continue editing it but until I have more experience in the surro process, I figured I'd better stick with the basics. Excuse the shakiness.

So, without further ado, my short video on surrogacy...

Enjoy.






ETA: If the window is too small to view, click here to view it on YouTube a little bigger.

10 comments:

  1. Kristen. Oh my. That was such a beautiful video. So touching. It made me cry. Thank you for making this. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful video !
    (Try download.com for free programs...is your laptop a mac too?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked that, great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to watch it and comment. I really appreciate all the feedback! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed watching your video Kristen! Looks like you put a lot of time and thought into it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, Love this video...great job and great explanation!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful video Kristen! I'm right there with Andrea wiping tears away!

    You've probably scoured the internet for everything, but did you find this?
    http://www.ehow.com/how_5098312_convert-pptx-avi.html

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am technologically challenged so I have no advice in that department. But, Wow! That was so inspirational. You gave me goosebumps. Thanks for making that Kristen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kristen...WOW! I am absolutely sitting here at my office in tears. What a beautiful and heartfelt video. PERFECT! Talent and a heart of gold!You are such an amazing woman...in so many, many ways. Seriously, you are. I can remember the very first time you and I "talked"...and I knew you were someone special and unique and someone I would be blessed to get to know...and I was right. God Bless you my friend! Love you! ~Tracey

    ReplyDelete

"To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson